WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GOOD TALENT--TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF!
Do you get joy knowing you helped someone? Are you looking for a career with youth that gives you satisfaction and opportunity to grow?
You may be the perfect candidate to join the Boys & Girls Movement . We are looking for part time staff to assist in a number of areas including in the clubs with the members, general office, social media and donor software.
If you have proven skills working with youth ages 6 and up, know your way around an office, or excel at working on donor software then we would like to talk to you. Perfect for college students and stay at home moms.
With more than 4,100 Clubs across the United States, working at Boys & Girls Clubs of Citrus County could even position you to take your career on the road.
CLICK ON EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW (print, fill out and send in)
Program Assistants (Activity Leaders)
The Program Assistant will be responsible and held accountable for planning and implementing scheduled activities on a daily basis. This is a part time position, reporting directly to Club Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to individually lead & instruct program activities
- Attend on site meetings weekly
- Communicate appropriately with children
- Knowledge of program procedures
- Notify Unit Director when absent or tardy
- Follow Chain of Command
- Must be flexible and willing to travel within Citrus County
- Required to work scheduled hours
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and /or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent
Language Skills: Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Valid Drivers License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
Site Director: Robert Halleen Club (Homosassa)
General Function: A Club Director has the final responsibility for the overall structure, planning, safety and function of Club programs; for supervising site, program staff and volunteers; for ensuring that quality programs are conducted in the five core program areas; and for coordinating and implementing sports leagues and tournaments when appropriate for site as well as special events and fundraisers. Some of those specific duties on a daily basis are completed by the Program Staff. Some of the actual duties may vary depending upon the strengths of the Program Coordinator.
This person represent the LEADERSHIP of the Club, setting the tone and energy level as well as expectations.
The Club Director’s Essential Functions:
· Oversees implementation of quality programs in five core areas
· Coordinates program registration and membership registration
· Acts as liaison with parents concerning member issues and problems
· Oversees financial stability of the Club including Billing and Collection
· Responsible for reports and statistics, meeting dead lines
· Prepares and posts weekly staff schedule and duties
· Trains and supervises staff and volunteers with the aid of the Operations Director and Senior Club Director
· Helps coordinate Club-wide special events and assists with fundraising events
· Collaborates with other Community organizations to further goals of the Club
· Recruits members for Club programs/ events
· Attends appropriate meetings at the Club and in the community; attends staff meetings
· Works closely with Club’s Advisory Committee (if applicable)
· Promotes the Club and its mission in the community; prepares flyers for programs/events; assists with tours of building and explanations of programs to visitors
· Responsible for any other related duties as assigned by Administration
Essential Requirements: Degree preferred in related field (child education, psychology, social work) or equivalent experience. Experience in supervising/training staff, recruiting program volunteers, team sports, program and event planning. Communications skills required (written, verbal and email). Must have knowledge of basic computer functions with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Organizational and community relations skills required.
Requirements for Employment
Qualifications: FOR A CLUB POSITION you MUST have prior experience working with children (camp setting, after school program, etc.) SEEKING a degree in education may substitute for experience.
ALL employees MUST be able to produce their high school diploma.
Screening: All potential employees go through a background check and drug screening.
Pay: Dependent upon position applying for and experience.
To Apply: Download, print, fill out and sign the following forms.
Then either FAX, email, mail, or drop off to the following:
Office Phone: 352-621-9225
Mail: Boys & Girls Clubs of Citrus County
P.O. Box 907
Lecanto, FL 34460-0907
Drop-Off at Corporate Office Location: