Health & Life Skills
Programs in Health and Life Skills develop young people’s capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals, and live successfully as self-sufficient adults.
- SMART KIDS: ages 6-9, provides the knowledge, skills and self-esteem to help them make healthy choices, practice healthy behaviors and avoid risky behaviors and situations
- START SMART: ages 10-12, provides the knowledge, skills, self-esteem and peer support to help them make healthy choices, practice responsible behaviors.
- SMART GIRLS: Assists girls develop and adopt a healthy attitude and lifestyle, as well as acquire and maintain a positive self-concept, sound decision-making skills and mentor relationships. SMART Girls offers a module for girls ages 8-12 years and a module for girls ages 13-17 years.
- PASSPORT TO MANHOOD: promotes responsibility, reinforces positive behavior and develops character in adolescent males.
- STREET SMARTS: a gang prevention and community awareness program exclusive to the state of Florida.